I love a good DIY spa. These days I haven’t been able to afford the facials, pedicure, and manicures that I used to enjoy but doesn’t mean I can’t indulge in the one thing that makes me happy. Here are a couple recipes that I use to pamper myself from my kitchen:
1. DIY Spa Day:
Hands and Feet Lemon Soak– Fill a bowl and/or container with hot water (not scorching hot), add lemon juice and lemon slices. Soak for 45 mins.
Hands and Feet Scrub
- Two parts sugar one part olive oil
- Exfoliate then rinse. Voila! Soft hands and feet.
Honey and Turmeric Facial – Leave mask on for 20 mins
Detox Bath Soak – Destressing and Balances Ph levels
- Handful of Epsom Salts or Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup of baking soda
- 10 drops of essential oil (like lavender oil)
Soak for 30 mins. (taking a bath and watching YouTube is very relaxing for me)
2. Read: Getting Lost in a good book is always a great way to escape.
3. Binge on a TV show you’ve been wanted to watch: I’m on season 1 of the Game of Thrones.
4. Cook/Bake your guilty pleasure: Bake those chocolate chip brownies, drizzle chocolate syrup on top. I’m salivating just thinking about it.
5. Call a friend: I have one friend I can call to talk for hours. We talk about our favorite shows and I love to hear about her life.
6. Go shopping by yourself: Go look for sales and bargains. This helps me to take my mind off of other things.
7. Take up a new hobby that is relaxing: Try gardening, yoga or buy an adult coloring book.
8. Discover new music: I remember when I was able to keep up with my favorite artists, guess I’m getting old now. Sometimes I like to lay back and listen to a new album.